Friday, September 8, 2017

September is Here!


Is it just me or does this time of year make you want to be a homebody? I naturally like to stay home piddle and do things, but something about when the weather changes and these cool mornings roll in makes me want to bake, craft, drink coffee, enjoy the warmth of the fire pit and for lack of a better word, be a bum! The cooler weather and tease of fall makes me think warm thoughts. That make any sense?

I’ve started paroozing my Pinterest board for all the yummy crockpot recipes I’ve pinned. Warm sweet breakfast concoctions that would go well with a cup of coffee. I am shopping for comfy cardigans and ready to pull out my boots. Days off filled with movies and oversize knit blankets curled up in my oversize chair with my oversize furry butterball. Evenings filled with cozy sweaters outside with a crackling fire.

I also start to think about Christmas and because I just felt my Mother’s head explode, I will leave it at that for now.

We all know the story of what happens when washing my hair so this morning I was thinking about my trip to Amarillo tomorrow and working on my schedule for the day. I am going to dig through my storage (Jesus take the wheel) looking for some of my bakeware and a few things to help this Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas feel a bit more like it should for me in my little barndominum. September to Thanksgiving is my second favorite time of year. I am excited with thoughts of pumpkins, gourds, mums, and food. We can’t forget the food! Chili, pumpkin oatmeal cookies, chicken pot pies, soups and hot chocolate. I do have one negative thing to say about this time of year. Why does EVERYTHING have to be pumpkin spice flavored?? Have you seen your grocery store shelves about now? My apologize to the pumpkin spice fiend's out there, but we are quickly on our way to be pumpkin spiced out. Personally, I’ll just stick to pumpkin spiced lattes. The Hula Hut makes a fantastic one (I was not paid by the Hula Hut for that plug).

I know I am not the only one who enjoys the cold weather, but I find when I say that “I am looking forward to snow” people gawk at me like I’ve lost my ever loving mind. I do not apologize. My name is Shelly and I like snow. The first snowfall is something high on my “looking forward to” list and around here it’s not unheard of it coming sooner rather than later this time of year. Once it starts to fall I like to step outside and watch it float down to the ground and cover everything in the purest of white. It’s peaceful, that is if it’s not blowing sideways. I know it’s hard to be thinking about snow when he have beautiful 80 degree days ahead of us, but they won’t be far behind.

These are just a few of my favorite things (insert Julie Andrews here) and it’s making me cozy just thinking about them. I say this every year so to keep with tradition… This holiday season will be the best one yet!!

-Happy Friday Friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment

One year later.....

Here we are once again. A year since I started these writings of ramblings and thoughts. Some of the posts have been brilliant, thank y...