Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Ramble to Ramble

In the midst of “kneeling gate” I woke up feeling the need to write about how awesome this rainy cool morning is and anything else that comes to mind not related to “kneeling gate.”

What a blessing today is! Today in Dalhart, TX it is a cool 63 degrees with rain in the forecast most of the day. It is truly a beautiful fall day. A day when a warm mug and light jacket is just the ticket. This morning I snuggled down in bed a few extra minutes before getting up and getting ready for work. I enjoyed my bowl of oatmeal and loved on the furry butterball. The smell of my Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee filled my barndominum and I had the TV on. I wasn’t really listening as it was the news.

I like going to work, but some mornings are harder than others. A great example is this morning, I would have loved to stay home snuggled up in my over-sized chair with my over-sized cat, but alas like most people, I gotta get paid! My drive to work was normal. I talked to Jarret on the drive while scanning the highway for stray animals. Trust me I hear the weirdness in that, but the amount of strays I see on my drive to work is alarming. I keep my eye out for a rescue situation. I get to work before most do in the office. In this quiet time I get myself set up for success and ready for the day.

I am blessed to have a job that I enjoy coming to. My job requires me to organize, multitask, direct, and be helpful. I love these aspects of my job. On days I don’t want to come to work I remind myself that I am blessed to have a job as some do not. All day as people have come and gone from my desk the common theme has been, “how much I love this weather.” I think most everyone I’ve visited with is not the least bit disappointed with having to get out a jacket today. This will be the first official day that I use hot chocolate as a pick me up from that afternoon slump. It is a hot chocolate kind of day. Land-O-Lakes makes hot chocolate that is individually packaged, located by the coffee and you can generally get them 2/$1.00. I suggest them all, but the raspberry is my favorite. 

Does anyone else feel the need to bake when weather like this rolls in (I am raising my hand)? Last Saturday I made some healthy pumpkin cookies. My second batch in three weeks. These cookies are probably my favorite fall treat, short of pumpkin pie or pecan pie. I also tried my hand at homemade oatmeal pies, like the Little Debbie ones. They were a success! My filling was more icing(ish), it didn’t taste like the filling in the actual Little Debbie oatmeal pies, but I figure who knows what they put in that filling, so mine has to be okay. This weekend I’m going to stick to a classic. Peanut butter cookies! I’ve told you how I love my peanut butter!? I am sure you have already seen the problem to all the baking?!? I don’t need it!! The people I share these sweet baked goods keep telling me they don’t need it. My freezer is loaded with pumpkin cookies and oatmeal pies! However, I feel the need…the need to bake. I may have some takers after reading that would be happy to help me out and if the price is right I might be willing to ship (winky face). 

The weather changing, the baking happening, these are signs in my wonderful world that fall has arrived. The number one indicator for the official fall season? Fall TV show premieres!! Here are the oldies, but goodies that I am excited about.

1.       Grey’s Anatomy is back with a TWO HOUR premiere.
2.       Will and Grace returns to NBC. The (older) series was also just released on Hulu, I’ve been binging
3.       This is Us is one of the best shows on TV at the moment.
4.       Law & Order SUV. Classic!

The new shows coming out that I am excited about are!
  1.  The Brave. It debuted last night. Since I don’t have cable and stream. I’ll be watching it later tonight.
  2.  The Good Doctor. Also debuted last night.
  3. Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Brothers. Debut’s tonight.

Let’s see we’ve covered sweet treats for rainy cool days, we’ve covered television for rainy cool days, what am I missing? Oh! How about food!! I had left over chili for lunch today with my last cornbread muffin and was it delicious!! I made a roast last Sunday that made everything smell divine. I’ve been craving meatloaf like a crazy person and the amount of soup recipes I have pinned on Pinterest is ridiculous. Soup is not only delicious and awesome, but easy! Soup or meatloaf next?? Ummm…I’ll have to think on it.

A blessed day indeed! I was allowed to wake for another day and come to work and enjoy those I come in contact with. A blessed life that I am thankful to Jesus Christ for, but also to those that protect and serve so I can ramble on about my day and let’s face it in the grand scheme of life the menial things like baking and television shows. This rambling today is exactly that. Either I have bored you or made you smile.


-Ramble on my friends and have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One year later.....

Here we are once again. A year since I started these writings of ramblings and thoughts. Some of the posts have been brilliant, thank y...