Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Level 35

Leveling up to 35

07/26/2017

I leveled up two days ago to the ripe old age of 35. I don’t feel different, older or wiser. I feel thankful, loved, and happy. I understand some people struggle with birthdays and the number that corresponds. I never have and I didn’t expect this birthday to be any different.

My birthday celebrations were awesome, not on the actual day of my birth, but the Saturday before (22nd). Jarret with the help of Mom and Judy threw me a fantastic swim party. It was held at the Twisted Elms Golf Course. Jarret cooked fajitas with all the fixin’s. I got to have a delicious lemon birthday cake that Catherine made along with homemade ice cream Judy made. I enjoyed the company of family and friends while swimming. I lied before, I woke up sore Sunday from swimming laps and first thing I felt was my hip, so on Sunday, yeah, I may have felt a little older. Only on Sunday though!!

Now for my actual birthday, I got a case of the stomach bug, diarrhea and stomach cramps had me home at lunch time and in bed the rest of the day. Jumping to today Wednesday, July 26th, I feel NORMAL! I wore a cute dress that I would have worn on my birthday, took special care with my makeup and I feel pretty!! Feeling pretty can change the attitude of a whole day!
**If women felt pretty every day, I believe the world would be a better place.

Since I am a planner, I am going to plan GOALS for myself and this 35th year of being on earth. Let me start out by saying, I do not use the word “resolution.” GOALS has a positive effect on me, “resolutions” are something I use to break every year. This means I always make GOALS on MY birthday instead of “resolutions” at New Years. MY birthday is about ME, New Year’s encompasses the whole WORLD.

GOALS:
#1. Take care of my body. I’ve discovered by focusing on taking care of my body and health that weight loss naturally happens. The focus being on healthy, whole foods and exercise. This focus was lost on level 34. I am unhappy with how I feel and look. The struggle for me is to remember, nothing happens overnight. I must be PATIENT!!

#2. Live in my life right now!! This is something I was working on before the 35th birthday. As mentioned before I am a planner, I constantly plan the next thing and that is necessary at times, but I also need to remember to live right now! Constantly planning the next day makes you miss the current day.

#3. Show love to those I love. Saying "I love you" to those I love is not a hard for me. It actually flows easier from the lips as you level up every year. However, saying it is different from showing it. I want to show it in whatever creative form I can come up with.

#4. CHURCH!! I go to church every Sunday. Church centers me and rejuvenates me. In my previous parishes before being back in Dalhart, I was an active volunteer. I’ve yet to step out and do that at St. Anthony’s of Padua, this year I change that.

I am excited and looking forward to what God has planned for me in level 35 and not the least bit worried about the actual number of 35. This will be the best year yet.


-Love to you friends.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I hope you achieve all of your GOALS for your 35th year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Level 35, I will be level 50 this year so I am going to try to remember your words as the big day approaches.-Beth
    PS-I didn't know how to change my comment to say it was me.

    ReplyDelete

One year later.....

Here we are once again. A year since I started these writings of ramblings and thoughts. Some of the posts have been brilliant, thank y...